Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thrifting Remake: From Shirt to Skirt



Every other Sunday, out local Goodwill has a sale. But not just any sale. A super sale. You can get anything in the store, anything at all (except for maybe furniture) for a dollar. You heard me. One. Dollar. Now, obviously this is always the highlight of my week. With $12 worth of Goodwill clothes in my bag, and Dana's sewing machine on my desk, I'm ready for a fun week of projects!

Obviously this shirt is fantastic. Well, maybe not the shirt itself, but who doesn't love a graphic print? And this one is pretty fantastic. One of the best ones I've seen. But the shirt itself is 8 sizes too big, and has an absolutely terrible crocheted lace "bib".
But the print. It caught my eye as soon as I saw it, and I just knew I could make something fantastic.

The idea came as soon as I picked it up. I had some extra elastic back in my craft bin, and I was going to make a skirt.
I cut off the bust of the shirt, sewed a loop for my elastic, threaded it through (with the help of a paper clip), and sewed it tight and shut.
And voila! A brand new skirt to rock around campus. With leggings on the colder days of course.
With my red boots and a thrifted red belt, I was ready to head out on the town!

Cardigan: Goodwill. Shirt: Thrifted. Belt: Thrifted. Leggings: Target. Boots: Washington DC. Necklace: Claire's.
Thanks to the roomie for a lovely picture!

That's all for today, my dears! Stay tuned for more fun projects and thrifting adventures!




No comments:

Post a Comment